Finally I get to this…lol! I was tagged by Hedgewizard to do the seven random garden facts meme…and in true “me” fashion, I kept putting it off as I thought about it. Well, there’s no time like the present to stop thinking and start doing, especially when the present involves Bunnytinis and Luxan porn. (Ok, not really “porn.” But D’Argo is getting lucky. Sort of.)
Sorry for the Farscape reference. Ahem. Is it wrong to do a garden meme in such a silly state of mind? Well, here goes…
1. My mother had a veggie garden most of the time I was growing up, but I was never interested. She loves to tell the story about how I refused to eat anything from the garden and insisted on eating veggies out of a can, so she’d keep cans around to “prove” to me that I was eating canned veggies when in fact I was eating garden-grown stuff. Sneaky, eh? Hehe.
2. My green thumb is really only a few years old, and it’s developing slowly. I’ve only had plants in pots, and right now have my first “in ground” herb garden.
3. I am really itching to have a “full” garden like my mother used to have: rows upon rows of beans, corn, peppers, potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, onions, etc. I remember playing in and around the garden when I was a kid.
4. I refuse to use chemicals on my plants, whether veggie or not.
5. The more critters living among my plants, the happier I am. I am very easily amused by watching tadpoles, lizards, butterflies, toads, and whatever else shows up.
6. I am lucky in that I have yet to have a garden experience where certain critters are “enemies,” such as rabbits, voles, etc. I don’t know how I’ll deal with that, except by putting up creative fencing. I can’t, and won’t, kill anything (yeah, go ahead and call me Pollyanna…).
7. I am becoming more like my mother (NOOOOOO!) in that I recognize plants when I’m out and about, and find myself commenting on their health or lack of it. Argh!
Wow, I’m surprised I actually thought of seven, lol. I now tag…ah…who do I know who gardens and has a blog? Ok, who do I know who has a blog and might respond to this in some way, garden or not? Oy. I’ll try…roomie, Katiez, and Fadi.